A fabulous day of lovely sewing with like-minded people. Choose from the projects listed below, chat to Emma about making something different or bring along your own to work on.
We start at 10am and sew through until 4pm with a break for lunch in the middle. Tea/coffee, cakes and biscuits served all day (included in the cost).
Beginners very welcome.
Pyjama bottoms/girls skirt (suitable for beginners)
- Patterns supplied by Little White Cottage you just need to us know what size so we can prepare your pattern in advance.
- Fabric lengths depend on the finished size but no longer than 2.5metres.
Dottie Angel Dress (suitable for those who’ve used paper patterns before)
- Paper pattern available online
- 3m fabric, fabric choices are listed on the back of the paper pattern.
Patchwork cushion (suitable for beginners)
- You’ll make a 40cm x 40cm cushion cover (made up of 16, 22cm x 22cm squares).
- You’ll need at least 2 contrasting fabrics and 1.5 m of fabric for the envelope backing.
- Little white Cottage has a supply of offcut fabrics that are suitable for the patchwork front that can be added to your fabrics to create your own pattern without the need to buy large quantities of fabric yourself.
Other projects include:
- Working with oilcloth – oil cloth pencil cases, toiletry bags.
- Pump bags for school –working with shower curtain fabric to make a bag with applique letters to add a name on.
- Free machine embroidery – ‘drawing’ with your machine.
- Tote/shopping bag – easy and useful project that teaches box corners.